Monday, March 2, 2015

The Hardest Options are the Best Decisions

I've been learning lately that more often than not, the harder option is the better decision. Two years ago last week, I made the hardest decision of my life. I had two options -- to serve a mission, or not to serve a mission. 

I chose to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And today, I can sincerely tell you that I am and forever will be so grateful that I chose to the harder option for me.

[Fast forward to today.]

Today was one of those miraculous days where I had the will power to make those harder decisions and I loved it. When my alarm went off at 5:30, I didn't press snooze. Instead, I rolled out of bed to work out. When I could have avoided talking with my professor, I embraced it and it is going to lead to some incredible new learning experiences. When I could have just zoned out and listened to music as I drove to work, I called those precious people I have been meaning to call for days. When I was walking the aisles of the grocery store, I could have grabbed chocolate and yummy chips, but I grabbed snap peas and cuties instead. When I could have stayed inside to do homework and skipped Family Home Evening (because honestly, I'm engaged haha) I went and felt such a beautiful spirit. 

Somehow it always works out. Simply and perfectly.

Me/You + Harder Option = Greatest Happiness


P.S. One exception to this "harder" rule...has been choosing Chad Morgan Taylor. Perhaps Heavenly Father knows life is full of hard decisions, so He gives us that ideal buddy to help us make it through. Let's just say, I'm more than excited for May 30th. 88 more days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment