Saturday, August 8, 2015

More Than Worth It

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, even when all the little things are going wrong.

After hearing some sad news about an old friend last Friday, my husband and I decided to stick to our plans and go to the temple. After getting all ready, I couldn't find my temple recommend. We spent the next half hour searching, but we ended up empty-handed. Annoyed that Satan was getting his way, I became a little frustrated. My cute husband noticed this, grabbed my hand, and said he had another idea. 


 We took two steps outside when he suddenly stopped having realized he locked the door and the keys were inside. For the next hour and a half we tried every window, called our landlord to find out he was out of town, and then spent 150 dollars to have a locksmith come and open our door. At this point, I was more than a little frustrated.

That Sunday, I ran around church setting up interviews, being interviewed, and then ending up with a new recommend in my hand, so Chad and I could go to our ward temple night that coming Thursday.

On Thursday, my husband's meeting ran late, so I had his dinner in my hands and raced out the door. As I closed the door, the container flipped and out came every last bit of rice, chicken, and vegetables. I stared at it for a second, grabbed him a Clif bar instead, and ditched the whole mess, praying we wouldn't get another mouse. 


As I knew it would be, the temple was everything that I needed and more. I learned exactly what I needed to that night. Words can't really do it justice.

Moral of the Story: Yesterday, I grabbed something from my back seat and found my original temple recommend right where I had looked three times for it the week prior. As I began to roll my eyes, I felt the Spirit bring quiet, perfect clarity to my mind. This life lesson wasn't about keeping better track of my things (though I obviously need to learn that too), it was about being reminded that the temple is always more than worth the sacrifice.

Time? Yes. Money? Yes. Effort? Yes. Going against my natural instinct to clean? Hard decision, but yes. 

When hard things come just as you are about to go the temple, don't let them stand in your way. Fight a little harder than you normally would. Because of the temple, we can learn more about our purpose on earth, discover answers to questions we have, serve our ancestors, and most importantly...have our families for eternity. Every sacrifice we make for the temple is more than worth it.

1 comment:

  1. You're the cutest. LOVE YOU!
    ps. Hope you have laughed a lot amidst the chaos.

    ReplyDelete