Sunday, July 19, 2015

Happiness is...

  • Sitting down to write this list in my family room with candles lit and a diet pepsi nearby.
  • Walking around my favorite park on a gorgeous Sunday evening with my husband.
  • Sharing faithful teenagers' testimonies everyday for my internship.
  • Running to the grocery store late one Tuesday night in PJs because my husband and I were really craving Captain Crunch.
  • Taking my first bite of rolls I made that morning and realizing that I can actually make something scrumpcious. 
  • Opening snapchats from all my favorite people and feeling like they're closer than they are.
  • Listening to podcasts that open my mind to completely new trains of thought and ways of thinking.
  • Singing "Families Can Be Together Forever" in Relief Society as a wave of gratitude hits me for my great family.
  • Planning for upcoming three-day weekends and adding to the Taylor Family Adventures list.
  • Having a question I sincerely want the answer to and finding the answer in my scriptures.
  • Talking over lunch with my grandparents and darling aunt.
  • Playing a nerdy game my husband loves and realizing I am actually enjoying myself.
  • Ditching whatever important things I need to accomplish to play the piano until I really can't contain my happiness anymore.
  • Laughing as our Saturday cleaning turned into a spontaneous kitchen dance party.
  • Ordering tickets to a local play, reserving seats to 5 dollar Tuesday movie night, and booking spots to adventure to the Timp Caves in a few weeks.
  • Looking through my wedding photos for the millionth time realizing that we are in fact married. 
  • Learning that life isn't about the things you do, but the people you do them with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment