Friday, January 25, 2013

JERICHO

This field trip was much too fun. Life is really just like one constant, big adventure with all sorts of amazing people and some lovely bus chats. (Heads up - I went a little too over the top today with editing photos on Picasa, but please just let me do it this once. We did so many reenactments....I couldn't help it. )

Fact of the day: Jericho is the oldest and lowest city in the world. Oh and Jericho is home to the best bananas in the world. Kid you not-we tried them. They were delicious.



Pathetic moment of the day: The oldest tower in the world...is tiny? What??? (Yes, my eyes are closed. I was laughing too hard and the sun was much too bright.)



Movie of the day: The Battle of Jericho. I love my field trip group.



Sassy moment of the day: Mount of Temptations is behind us. "Get thee hence Satan." Just kidding-Love you EEB. By the way, there is a restaurant on that mountain side. Anyone tempted to get some chocolate cake?



Yummiest moment of the day: Freshly squeezed Pomegranate juice. So absolutely delicious.



Awe-inspiring moment of the day: Seriously...GO LOOK AT YOUR BIBLE MAPS. I am in love with my life. Say hello to the Judean Hill Country/Wadi Qilt.



Funniest moment of the day:"Man, Moses and the Lord are best friends."-Spencer. (The quality conversations we have studying late at night in a windowless room with diet coke.)



Charitable moment of the day: Reenactment of the Parable of the Good Samaritan. We were on the road from Jericho to Jerusalem. I adore Rachel. Best bus buddy yet.




Speediest moment of the day: 4 minutes field trip stop at the tree that Zacchaeus once climbed as Christ walked past. Fastest photo shoot ever. We are officially pros.



Happiest moment of the day: Sara VanWagenen is oh so lovely. 



(No pictures for these ones...luckily.)
Side note of the day: Nuzzle hugs are the most awkward. 

Confession of the day: I am in charge of birthdays here. I didn't realize I purchased permanent markers for the birthday notes. I may have ruined a table in our dining area. Fingers crossed I can get it off.

Lamest moment of the day: We also went to Harod's Winter Palace...trust me, it wasn't even worth a photo. Some rocks just aren't quite as nice as others.

Reality of the day: I promise to have more creative blog posts sometime soon. Possibly after I catch up on some sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Ness, there is no need for more creative post. I'm just happy to see you face Sister Hutchins. Love you and love that striped shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look extra glam in that last picture and you look like you are booty tooching (think Tyra) in the second to last photo. Looks like a great day. Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for these moments of the day. And consider it creative as can be. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't seem to escape leading things can you? Travel leader and birthday supervisor! I love all your pictures, and you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog ALWAYS makes me laugh. Love you kiddo.

    ReplyDelete