Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pictures Pictures Pictures

 No time to write...but I love you all. And I love love love this beautiful city.

Found this while we were strolling after our hunt to find scrumptious Shwarma.
(Sadly those pictures didn't save to my memory card.)

Our travel group. Introducing the lovely Sara, Preston, and John. All three have just finished their mission papers.

Not the clearest photo I know. Still a fan.

Israeli demonstrations with the elections this week. Don't worry...this one was really small mother dearest.

Going back in time with the Old City walls. 1517 Byzantine stone. Yes, we aced that test.

We walked to the Orson Hyde Memorial Park today. 

I will never get sick of this view. You might-sorry for that.

I adore my roommate Hannah. (Those are our lame security cards-we take them with us everywhere.)

Arabic Diet Coke...Finally. Missed this. Oh and a rocking dance party to Arabic music? We won second place in the dance competition. It's all about the bus dance baby.

As for my usual side notes: Yesterday in the city, little boys threw rocks at us. Yes yes, cut and bruised my ankles. According to the very apologetic Israeli couple walking passed us...children make quite a sport of throwing rocks at tourists. That makes the count: Israeli little boys 2 - Jenessa 0. (Oh and yes, of our group of 10 or so...I was the one hit with the big rock. No surprise though right?)

4 comments:

  1. Digging the maxi skirt, the Arabic Diet Coke and you. Not digging the thrown rocks except that I hear "great to throw rocks at" in my head when I think about your story. Claire Danes also had rocks thrown at her while filming scenes of Homeland in Israel. You're practically famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it considered uncouth to throw rocks back at them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the boys just like you and throwing rocks at you is there way of showing it. :) I'm loving all the pictures. I went to BUNCO last night and Marianne asked about you. She is going to blog stock you now and she will cry reading your blog because she is so jealous of you. Love you sister friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really focused on the winning of a dance party right now, and I think the achievement deserves a celebratory dance move from Jen via video. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete