Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name...

Once again, I don't have a ton of time because my Palestine class is in 20 minutes, but here's a glimpse of what our lovely adventure to the Negev desert looked like. It was strangely greener than I expected! And on a funny note...our professor named the bus "No name" today. He saw it fitting seeing as we were venturing through the desert of southern Israel.

We learned the ins and outs to weaving from a tribe of Bedouin women. Oh my word-these women are insanely talented. And their fight for equality is equally inspiring. (Their tea on the other hand...was not so inspiring.)


Hello Ber Sheva/Tel Arad!


The annual human sacrifice...love and miss you Kara.


After researching, writing up site reports, and presenting the reports to the class at the actual excavation site we learned about for hours...we are done. It really is crazy cool to actually be somewhere you know much too much information about. We heart Tel Arad.

Oh yes, those cool kids in the hats. 
(I realize I am not in Africa.)

Today we explored the hidden underground floor of the Jerusalem Center. And of course, signed the famous wall of past JC students. Love it.

THE END. I HEART YOU.


Mystery of the Day: Did I fall next to the "Caution Slipping Hazard" sign or act it out?



5 comments:

  1. Love the sass, the wit, and the subtly included passion for women's rights - you're my hero. The picture, by the way, looks like a posed fall, but the real question is whether you were recreating your own fall or someone else's. Love it all either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try to retain those Bedouin weaving techniques. I'm looking for a new side project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because I'm embracing our similarities, I vote fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song has been going through my head since I've read your post. :)

    ReplyDelete