Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Free Adventure Days

Fact #1: Free adventure days are my absolute favorite days. No classes, no field trips, no meetings, no organized anything. Just one whole day of freedom (that should include a homework break, but I keep forgetting to fit that in). And perhaps I should be studying for my midterms right now, but for now I am much too content blogging. Anyway, here are some pictures and a few more facts about that lovely day. 


Fact #2: The Wailing Wall is still my absolute favorite spot in all of Jerusalem. Coming during the day is not at all as intense of an experience as coming on the Jewish Sabbath Friday night, but it still is great. 


Fact #3: This is the second prayer I have slipped into the cracks of this treasured wall. Do you think that is allowed? I hope so because I'm planning on going back some more. 


Fact #4: This wall is never cleaned out. I keep feeling tempted to pull a few out and read what others are praying for. 


Fact #5: There is a YMCA in Jerusalem. Go figure.


Fact #6 (the coolest fact): I PLAYED THOSE BELLS. But seriously-we played them for all of Jerusalem. And when noon struck...we were the people literally doing the striking. So crazy fun. I had no idea playing bells could be so lovely.


Fact #7: We may have had a little too much fun playing those bells. Eight girls giggling in a tiny room booming with the sound of bells playing a few stories above is a strangely wonderful bonding experience. 


Fact #8: That burger was all sorts of delicious. 
Fact #9: There is no such thing as a cute way to eat a burger. I've decided.


Fact #10: Juliann Nicole Munson...I found a post-it written by your friend in the money-exchanger's office! There is a wall covered in advice from previous BYUJC students. It took a while, but I had a feeling Marianne would be one of those students giving advice. Four years later and she is still smack dab and center on that wall.

4 comments:

  1. Tell me you played the Harry Potter theme song on those bells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you found a note from Marianne. She is fantastic. I love too that you went to the wall again. I think I would sneak there every chance I got. Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seconding Jen. Also, you make burger eating look cute. 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenessa! I am loving your blog and all your adventures. You are so cute for finding my note and taking a picture- that is awesome! I can't believe it's still up.

    I also love that you're running and doing yoga at the center. We went running to work off all that halva, but never did yoga. That would be amazing overlooking Jeru! PS my favorite security guard, Murad, would always laugh at us for running all the stairs outside the center. You should ask him about it :)

    I hear you guys are going to Turkey. I can not wait for your post on that- incredible!! Keep up the awesome blogging I am enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete