Saturday, February 2, 2013

JORDAN PART TWO

Jordan was so amazing it needed two posts...or maybe I got too tired to write about it all in one post yesterday. Either way, here is the last two days of our four day Jordan adventure. Oh baby.

We started at the Amman Citadel, which is also home to the Hercules Temple. And let me tell you, Herc was on a role. But I won't say I'm in love. Just kidding-I am in love. I just got too excited with all the song lyrics. I am craving that movie much too much now.

Remember those Nestle Tollhouse Cookies? Oh yes, they are back for a second special appearance. We ate them during the lectures from our less-than-entertaining Jordanian tour guide.

See the resemblance? 

So many classy poses.

We are the muses....and Mikkel?

The Jabbok River where Jacob wrestled with the angel and then became known as Israel.

Jerash was so incredibly cool. We might as well have been in Greece.
LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Our little adventure group. 

Awkward engagement photos? I gave in to peer pressure.

We sang Be Still My Soul in this coliseum and it was absolutely gorgeous. I've actually been writing in my little pocket book hymn book all the places each hymn is sung and when. I have a feeling that hymn book is going to be one of my favorite things from this trip in the years to come. (Thank you Lisa Hansen for your oh so perfect graduation gift two years back.)

 SO SO SO PRETTY.

You can't quite see us all, but a little boy joined us too. Gotta love it.

(We may have gone to a car museum...I'm choosing not to put any pictures. I may have been less than impressed. Don't tell.)

Amman Coliseum 
For your to-do lists: Take pictures pencil jumping. You'll laugh for ages.


The Jordan River where John the Baptist baptized Christ. 

I fell in love with this river. The water and the scenery may not have been exactly beautiful, but there was a peace about this place that was quiet and inspiring all at once. We sang hymns like Lord, I Would Follow Thee and The Spirit of God. I am so grateful to be in the places my Savior has been. As time passes in the exquisite Holy Land, my desire to become more like my Savior grows and I am eternally grateful for that. I love and miss you all. 

The Jeru Crew is back in Jerusalem baby.

P.S. I realized I keep switching the placement of my picture captions with each new post. Don't hate me.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, your caption placement has really been throwing me off. Just kidding...sort of. But really, the pictures are great. Keep 'em coming. With as many pencil jumping poses as possible please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. We don't hate you. Actually we LOVE you and your posts. Smiles and spirituality in one post. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, watching your life is just filling my to-do list. Everything sounds too great to miss!

    ReplyDelete